Tuesday, April 23, 2019
Media Accreditation: SOM2 and MRT
Santiago, April 23, 2019.- The accreditation process for journalists, photographers and other media professionals for the Second Senior Officials’ Meeting and Related Meetings (SOM2) and Meeting of APEC Ministers Responsible for Trade (MRT) begins today.
2019 APEC Ministers Responsible for Trade Meeting (MRT) to be chaired by the Minister of Foreign Affairs of Chile, Roberto Ampuero. In response to trade disruption around the region, Ministers will hold frank and meaningful conversations and develop new initiatives for the greater benefit of the Asia-Pacific region and its people.
The meetings will be held on in the city of Viña del Mar, 120 kilometers from Santiago, on 02-18 May, 2019. The media accreditation process will run through May 15. Click on the link below to register: https://
International Press Center
All duly accredited members of the international and national press may access the International Press Center (CIP). The center has a capacity for 80 people and will be open May 16 through May 18, 2019.
The IPC will be open from 8:00 to 20:30 hrs. For more information, see the Logistics Manual for the Press.
Any member of the media who wishes to cover the SOM2 and MRT must register for accreditation. Access to the media center, services and the specific events will only be available to accredited members of the media.
To complete your registration, you must submit all your required (*) personal and employment data, and upload a suitable photograph and attach several documents. Please ensure that all of the information provided is accurate and up-to-date. Any errors may result in delays in your accreditation process.
Photo requirements for your registration require your care and attention. Your photo must:
• be taken against a plain white or light grey background
• be clear, focused image with no marks or 'red eye'; shadows or reflections,
• have appropriate brightness and contrast to show natural skin tone;
• show your face looking directly at the camera
• be no larger than 2MB.
• JPG or PNG format
Official Letter of Assignment
All media must provide an Official Letter of Assignment OR Freelance Letter of Assignment. The letter must fulfil the following requirements:
• be written in English or Spanish;
• confirm that the applicant has been assigned to cover the APEC CHILE 2019 ISOM;
• specify the applicant’s position (and if it is a Freelance);
• Be on official letterhead containing the organization’s name, physical and postal address;
• Be signed by a Senior Editor or Producer and contain their contact details, and ;
• Be provided in PDF format.
Once the application is complete, it must be sent in order to be validated. The materials will be reviewed and approved by a member of the APEC Communications team, and applicants will be sent an email confirmation with a QR code. This code must be presented in order to receive the credentials.
MEDIA APEC CHILE 2019